Sunday, May 30, 2004

The Party

Well it was erm how can we say, interesting... knew exactly 7 people at this party, there was like 60 or so there... I just sat down in a nice quiet spot at the back away from the main load of tables, sipped on my Irn Bru and kept quiet as much as possible, damn DJ played a few song or Dance Mixes of a few songs that hurt a little, but the almost killer blow came later, my ex sang her favourtite karoke song -> Roxette - It Must Have Been Love....
Some how I kept it together - if i had been drinking alcohol I would have been out of it... totally out of it...
I just wanted to leave but im a coward and didn't, im not as strong as I thought I was... I should have left but that would have left ???'s too many ???'s
Oh well at least i didn't have to step back into the shadows again...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was good you went though, makes you stronger in the long run :)

Anonymous said...

It takes a while for the memories to stop bringing up such intense emotions Gordon, but in time, it's going to stop hurting so much.
For now, I'd give yourself a pat on the back for managing to go & last the duration. I know how hard it must have been for you, but you're getting there, I know you are.
It's ok to have some not so good days.
& it's ok to hurt too.
*hugs*