Friday, June 16, 2006

An Interesting Factoid About Me....

This nugget of wisdom brought to you by my Mother (I love her I really do, sometimes it's OTT - that will teach me for not moving out - it's due to lack of FUNDS :-S) and a little touch of the old alcohol.. The stuff mother comes out with when tipsy ain't stuff she'd say normally..

I shouldn't be here!
Why I hear you say, well if my mother had followed the advice of the doctor (who if still alive I'd love to meet just to tell them off) and gotten rid of me I wouldn't be here. I'd have "Problems" apprently but hmm mother didn't and here I am so to speak.
I wouldn't say I was a small baby but you could put me in a pram with my head on one side and my feet could touch the other i.e sideways!
I did almost die along with mother when i came into this world.. (I was meant to be a big kid - well did they EVER get that one wrong! - mother had gotten stuff to fit me but it looked like a tent on me :P)
Well I am here, albeit with a "minor" problem I don't know if it's genetic or just cos I slouched but well you know all about that already - posted about it a while back... go find it yourself - never know what else i might have told you about me (that's of course unless your a loyal reader and you don't need to :P)
Well from then till now I've fought many a battle, often with people who just don't understand that people who look different shouldn't be insulted / bullied..
I was the "Small kid" that accelled at maths but my written english was never exactly spot on.. I was always one of the last to be picked for the team in Gym class.
I was the one that kept my head down and got on with the work as much as possible, just to try and escape, i pushed too hard I think or maybe overestimated myself or both..
I did go to "University" but well less said about those 2 years and the 6-7 that followed the better..

"Darkness all around, he searched for something to light the way, to help him find the path, alone and lost not realising that he just needed to reach out and say 'help me!' and he'd find the way again. Self-reliant that's what he was or so he thought anyway, the truth was some people he cared for he shouldn't have, but then again he didn't know the whole truth at that point for if he had it would have been a whole new set of rules. So lost he kept searching, in the end it was a journey to find himself in a world he didn't understand, as he didn't understand himself but he would given time."
Even now there are things I don't understand, I'm missing "components", for want of a better word, that would help me interact better, know stuff that at my age I should know etc.. nothing I can put my finger on but I don't know things do I.

God walk by your side and in your hearts..

No comments: