Saturday, August 18, 2007

How do you top off a shitty week?

Hmm well how do you top of a really crappy, shitty fucking week at work?
Well I'll tell you, when you get told something that causes you to kinda lose all sense of reality..

$cmd>Ping reality
Pinging reality with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for reality:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

I'm trying to think how to word this and I can't as I'm still trying to get to grips with it myself. I got home yesterday from work, dad was sitting in his car he must have seen me arrive and waited before getting out. He had been feeling great of late was even in hospital last weekend for a few tests to see what was wrong, they thought fluid on the lungs as he was having trouble breathing, no doubt down to his years of smoking but that was apprently the least of the problems. They did an scan on tuesday morning to see if all the fluid had gone and were concerned at something else so more tests were required he got the results of those yesterday, he has cancer no easy way of saying it so I've just said it. He said they can't operate on it so he's just going to live day to day, it's kinda shit but I'll get through it, I think maybe I don't know.
I think that's about it the rest of the day kinda went by a little hazy due to that and oh the quarter bottle of Southern Comfort I drank with coke and ice, well coke anyway ice required me to go downstairs not always easy...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really sorry to hear that :( *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Gopher I am really sorry to hear about your dad, know that you are in my prayers.

Melonie