Sunday, February 01, 2009

Got a brand new motor....

Well nearly new it's an upgrade of the one I have at the moment. I don't have it just now but come Wednesday evening I will be the owner of a nice 07 plate Ford Ka with well about 7,000 miles on the clock which is nothing, given the Ka I'll be leaving behind has about 66,500 miles on it and it could easily do another 12,000 if the bodywork could have held up..
I looked on a few websites, had a look at prices, was going to phone around a few places but the 1st place I phoned won me over right away saying there was an 07 plate Ford Ka that had just come in. It's a nice metallic red color absolutely beauty and since I already know how it drives it will be a real sweet drive. The only thing stopping me was the price nearly £ 5000.00 but I looked at it and well kinda no way back once I'd seen it.. So I've got the cash together and will pay it in full when I go to pick it up. They are being generous and giving me £100.00 for my old car which isn't bad given the age and the fact it's gotten a bit of rust.

Does the happy dance, I got a loan from the bank of mom, hey her idea not mind I didn't go asking for it she offered and I well I don't normally do this but well she knew I needed a car and that the "cash" would be the issue, so I'll pay her back but minus the lovely interest I'd normally have to pay, I just hope the transfer goes through without a hitch else I'm screwed!

2 comments:

jen/haly said...

Ooooh very exciting. I loved my old ka. Awesome car.
If I lived nearer I'd buy your old one for £100 :p

Gordon said...

Jen, I'd never sell you that car as I know it's basically scrap now with all the salt that's eaten into the bodywork..