Saturday, April 22, 2006

A Tale of the Unexpected

Well, I got a surprise this morning. I went downstairs there was a letter waiting for me in a nice bright yellow envelope, the handwritting I recognised as being from one of my friends and the post mark told me exactly who it was from. I hope it up and as Im pulling it out, Im confused as it looked like a card of some sort, check pattern on the part I could see, thought, not my birthday, and a bit late for an easter card. I remove the card and see this wonderous cute baby picture and now Im really confused. There was a letter neatly written on the inside, it was from my friends Jenny & Gregor, who I've known since I briefly went to university about 12yrs ago, they met during fresher week and well they've been together even since, we used to call the the "elastic couple" as they were never far apart, they just clicked, it was wonderful. They got married about oh 9 yrs ago now and were happily settle down somewhere near Oxford. Gregor is even more a geek than me, that is when I talk to him ,lets just say we could talk computers all day. Jen is just well Jen, maths is her forte but she helps kids out who are struggling with maths or english as she's part of the "KUMON" program, with helps kids like that, it's not that expensive to put you kid in and well any time I've talked to Jen about it she's been fully enthusiatic about it. Anyway back to the point the little man, I now know as Harry, staring back to me in the photo wasn't exactly planned and as Jen puts it "either the unexpected or the enivitable occured and we made the silly step into parenthood", they did meant to mention it sooner but well the past 9 month for them has been a bit of a tough one, as Jen's mum also wasn't feeling great but thankfully grandma is all better now :) and is Harry's Number one fan. Im sure a lot of you out there know exactly what they are going through and what is to come, I do a little, it's gonna be a fun next few years for them. Only thing is it's yet another birthday in MARCH! ARGH!!! I'll survive, oh and could you please make sure no more births in March Please I have enough cards to write out and remember :P.
Anyways Im off to go and do something else, with a skip in my step, a song in my heart and with a smile, not something that happens often.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Awwwwwww... Uncle G strikes again! Another little ankle biter to spoil-- lucky you :-)