Thursday, June 07, 2007

Blog Fodder - "Define your musical tastes in 10 songs."

Okay it's back with a bang, okay maybe not a bang but hey it's my topics turn on Blog Fodder this week.
Define your musical tastes in 10 songs.

Okay this is actually quite a tricky one as I have well quite a varied taste in music, but I'll try and see if I can't summarise it.
Let's start with an anthem shall we..
1) Queen: Bohemian Rhapsody - Why it's a good song and a good start point I feel.
2) Meatloaf: Bat out of Hell - This song would never make it in "modern charts" where they insist a chart song is around 4 minutes - this 9 minutes of magic, guitar solos, drums it's all here and the video is well just go you tube it :D.
3) Alanis Morisette: Hand in my pocket - It could actually one of a few of her songs I don't know why it just works for me.
4) Mylo: Drop the Pressure - A little bit of Electro to liven things up.
5) Muse: Invincible - Great song, air guitar riff totally.
6) James Blunt: Your Beautiful - It's a good ballad and I just love it.
7) Prodigy: Smack my bitch up - Good solid meaty track with plenty of bass :D.
8) Snow Patrol: Chocolate or Chasing Cars - Both are so good I can't pick between them, I have a live version of Chocolate and am I glad a friend of mine pointed this wonderful band out - they are irish but they are a scottish band :) go figure.
9) Delta Goodrem: Not me, not I or The Analyst - Again both good track from 2 good albums as you can see I have trouble picking favourite songs.
10) K T Tunstall: Suddenly I see - It's a good track of a great album and well what can I see she's all from my part of the world.
I could have easily gone on, I mean there isn't a entry in there for Coldplay although I have the CD's right in front of me now, I do have many quirky albums in no particular order:
Kate Bush - Aerial, Antony and the Johnsons - I am a bird now, Gogol Bordello - Gypsy Punks, Jamie Cullum - Pointless nostalgic, Eminem - Curtain call, Pink - Missundastood, Ash - Interlactic Sonic 7"s, B*Witched - B*witched and to round off Richard Clayderman - Souvenirs amongst many others.
So you can see I listen to a wide range of music, different genres and so forth and don't go dissing anything until you've listen to it with an open mind.

2 comments:

Beckie said...

Good list!

I almost put Meatloaf on my list - ten wasn't enough, but then the limit had to be somewhere. It was a great topic.

Unknown said...

There's no way I could make a list, I have enough CDs to fill an entire book case and that's not including what's in the car.