Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Re: A random entry

Remember how i said I'd be back to fix the network I was at last friday
Knew I'd be back as "the muppet" forgot to pick up the network switch from IT (and the RJ45 crimp tool + crimps just incase I'd mucked up one of the connectors), install it, move the wifi box from downstairs, test that it all worked correctly and tidy it up. I know for a fact he hates working with RJ45 connector. So i went down to discover that he was trying to get a Digibox (Digital TV down the co-ax kinda new in the UK) to stay tuned in and not have any picture loss / breakup / drop out and the dude who was helping him snapped the main TV ariel so a 10 minute job became 2hrs as my mate who was driving had to go get a new ariel so ya can image what I was like, got the whole thing tested as best as I could - plugged in the wifi unit and saw there was a connection to the socket it was going to, tested the other it failed - darn it if one of the pairs hadn't flipped around :-S oh well fixed that and it worked nicely - got the laptop with wifi built in to it and instant connect and a perfect connection.. Saved the day, then i had to get back to work asap as someone was covering why me and my colleague (we share the shift between us see previous entries for pattern) and thus I wanted to let them go home..
What a day - got the TV tuned perfectly (God Im a genius ta boot) :P

No comments: