Friday, April 15, 2005

What an Interesting Week

Well things is moving along at work...
Actually got some contructive stuff done this week...
My Work Area is almost sorted, just got a few things to resolve like where to find a Dual Monitor PCI Video Card... as the PC don't got no AGP slot it's old but I have to use it lol...
I'm not going to attempt to install linux on a machine for a while I've had erm a "interesting" time of it, Simple install failed - 1st Downloaded CD fails - error in the ISO, redownload a newer version checked the ISO - passed md5 check, and then I hit problems with my Video card... darn it need to find away of getting the drivers in...
I think Im gonna dig out my Rad 7000 and install that and replace the drive that annoyed me because it won't play nice when I attempted to boot Knoppix (which is Debian Linux based but has smart autodetect)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try using an nvidia card instead of an ati card, it works better in Linux due to the inbuilt support most distros have for nvidia.

Gordon said...

Hmm got it to work, did a temp swap drive and got knoppix to work...