Friday, February 04, 2005

Fridays...

*yawn* *yawn*
I had an early start today after finishing late last night not a good combo...
Oh well let see what today brings..
What did it bring:
I did manage to get down to the site I was on, on wednesday and I ended up swapping back the router i had swapped out on wednesday so we could get connected to the remote site again. I need to find the manual and print out parts of it here at home so I can study it, looks simple but then again when is anything "simple"
I then went to the bosses house because he said he was having a problem with his broadband connection..
Thank god I updated a page on my site so it has links to adaware, spybot SnD and a geek website forum How to guide on removing spyware etc.
I got spybot & adaware, attempted to get rid of a "popup type" stopper - the uninstall had to be downloaded from it's website (not a good start) + bosses doesn't rememeber installing it.. I got adaware installed and updated, ran it, attempted to run spybot SnD at the same time to protect the system it Crashed out - a good indicator I was gonna hit problems
I did Adaware found 370 Critical level objects - I stopped it at this cleaned them up and the restarted it as it was getting late and I needed to get back to the office to pick up my car and go home.. I e-mailed the boss a step by step guide on how to get firefox browser - how to install the adblock for it and how to import the filter txt file i had sent. Also said any problems call me, he was last seen heading into cyberspace with a baseball bat to go swipe at things..

No comments: