Saturday, March 01, 2008

... The End seems near, maybe / other stuff...

Well the title says it all really, the end is coming, how soon I don't know but right now it's not a pretty sight, I mean there wasn't much to my dad as it was but now there is even less. My Aunt has been up all week which has helped out a lot, she's managed to have a calming effect on mum which has helped greatly although she has a few times tested my patience. My Aunt is away home went home the same way she came by bus which of course I drove her to catch, there was no way I'd have not taken her :). So it's back to cooking I suppose :P. Yeah dad is doing okay just about holding it together, he sometimes sleeps downstairs in his nice reclining chair - well sometimes being a lot of the time now as I we can fully cover him up and put the chair almost flat so he's comfortable enough and warm enough.

What else have I been doing this week well let me see:
Me and the Boss both got pissy at a PCB design program that basically worked but didn't print on the printer he had - it worked before so we knew it should work again, yet the printer printed from other programs so it was weird - turns out it was the printer as he plugged in an older model and ..... PCB prints.
Got a few alarms sorted out. I'm sure there was more but right now mind it's blank.

I was able to get out last night to see a movie but due to the weather we've been having my friend decided it would probably be best to stay at home as it was freaking windy over her way - not nice really. I went to see "Jumper" good film, it did leave it open for a "Jumper 2" - of course it had the obvious twist in it but I'm not going to say anymore other than if you liked matrix n Bourne then you might like this. I also saw a few trailers for other films which I might just go and see too.

"May Peace walk beside you and in your heart forever."

There are people out there that just by being there are helping keep me sane and strong. Just remember true friends are there always, you can lean on them for support, so Barb if ya think you don't got the strength to carry on, lean on me, lean on Laura.

3 comments:

jen/haly said...

Sorry to hear about your dad :( *hugs*

Barb Black said...

I've leaned on Laura so much that I'm amazed she doesn't list to port (she does, but it typically involves too many shots of tequila.)

That goes both ways, Gordon. You lean on me to, y'hear? You're a good man.

I'll keep your Da on my positive vibes list and he'll go with me wherever I walk.

Big hugs,
B

Laura said...

Hell-- between the three of us, you could build one sturdy teepee for shelter during this storm...

You know we're there with you, even across the miles ~