Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Midweek Madness

Well it's wednesday and I've read all of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.. No I'm not going into what happens, other people will do that for me, I'm going to make you READ the book if you want to..
I'm mad not because of what happens in the book although it is good, has a nice twist or 3 in it..
I'm mad because I've realised what a nightmare wiring job I've just given myself to do.. Now it started off simple enough, take a few wires from a unit's output relay wire it's common pin to +5 volts so that when a certain condition is met the relay activates and the other connection I have off that relay is connected to common and connect a LED + reistor to 0v so that the relay activates the LED switchs on.. Now repeat that for say 14 units, that is 28 wires.. No that's not much really until you realise each is about 10m long. I'm not finished I though why not set it so that if a unit is okay the LED glows green and if not it glows red.. okay 1 more wire, now I need to be able to commnunicate back to that unit via a Push button input it has, 1 more wire, it has audio abilities so there is 3 more wires (but they can be common to each unit) only the unit who's button is pressed will work ;)... so that's 3 wires +
3-5 x 14 => 45 - 73 wires coming back now that's a NIGHTMARE... HELP!! before I crack up...
This needs done and dusted.. Also I have to build to button console as well, interface it with a few more things and the whole thing will work as it should..
ACK - what wire is this.. blue/green what unit is it again.. Unit 7 no unit 3 no unit 14 ah yeah it is or is it!!!

No comments: